Theraeputic Massage

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Fellow inspector has a new facility in a strip mall that will be performing therapeutic massages
(he has confirmed these are for medical conditions not for fun :) ). Would any portion the facility be considered an Art 517 patient care area ?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Good question.. IMO, a standard massage parlor is not required to be wire under 517. My guess is that the person doing this is not a medical person so I doubt it would be under 517.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
The deeper I look the more evasive the answer. In TN they are licensed by the Dept of Health and in licensing they refer to patient care but under the same token barber shops are likewise licensed by HD.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
The deeper I look the more evasive the answer. In TN they are licensed by the Dept of Health and in licensing they refer to patient care
Are they allowed to accept health insurance?

but under the same token barber shops are likewise licensed by HD.
That could be a whole 'nother debate about insurance. After all, it's hair care, and what is that if not health care. As important, if not more, as a trip to the doctor to some. And talk about spiraling costs......

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Although there is really not enough info to go on here but my guess is that any power that is used is not critical and not a likely to be an issue for the customer. I would say no special requirements here from what I am surmising.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Are they allowed to accept health insurance?

That could be a whole 'nother debate about insurance. After all, it's hair care, and what is that if not health care. As important, if not more, as a trip to the doctor to some. And talk about spiraling costs......
"What do you call it when they remove a growth from your head?"

"A haircut."

Status
Not open for further replies.