Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: grounding electrode system (ufer)

Quote Originally Posted by Dale001289 View Post
    Slab/foundation/footing/pedestal, etc are synonymous -as I described it.
    I believe I could convince any inspector it meets the intent of the code.
    I would not be convinced by anyone that a slab meets the intent of the code requirements.
    Don, Illinois
    (All code citations are 2017 unless otherwise noted)

Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
    I would not be convinced by anyone that a slab meets the intent of the code requirements.
    I stand by my comment - rebar is rebar, concrete is concrete and dirt is dirt - its not rocket-science.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale001289 View Post
    I stand by my comment - rebar is rebar, concrete is concrete and dirt is dirt - its not rocket-science.
    Then submit a PI for the 2023 code that says rebar in a slab can be used as a grounding electrode. A slab is not a footing or a foundation.
    Don, Illinois
    (All code citations are 2017 unless otherwise noted)

A slab that is only a little thicker around the perimeter - might not be a footing, IDK. If it is an 8-12 inch wide trench and four feet deep around the perimeter even though it is all one pour, I think it is a footing at the perimeter and a slab in the middle.

Underground service conductors are not service entrance conductors. But if they pass through a basement wall and into the service disconnect, they become service entrance conductors where they enter the building.

How often do you hear certain analogies to explain how something electrical works? Yet you seldom hear electrical talk as an analogy to explain something else
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.