Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pool pump

Quote Originally Posted by rcarroll View Post
    The pools I've wired & inspected, there is a "cup" that is poured into the concrete around the pool.
    This cup has the equipotential bond wire connected to it & the ladders, diving board, etc. are held in place somehow (I haven't seen how) by the cup.
    Has to be a listed assembly I assume. The equipotential bond is concealed in the concrete.
    Never did a pool install. Never seen exposed bonding conductors when a user at a pool either. I always presumed they were connected to something below the surface for those types of items.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Pool pump

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    As I said, it depends on placement. If the fitting in question is above the highest level of the pool, I would expect it to drain below that fitting when pump is not running if there are no check valves to prevent this from happening.

Not around pools enough to know what is typical, and when I am usually as a user and not a service/installation person, but seems pretty logical to be that way for an in ground pool with mechanical room/area at or above grade.
    My pool pump is above water level and when it shuts off, the pipes stay filled unless something opens to allow air into the system at the high point.

For example, shifting the valve on the filter momentarily connects the circuit to the vent and it starts to drain until the valve reaches the next position.

I’ve never stopped the pump with the valve for the deck jets open - it may drain back in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by retirede View Post
    My pool pump is above water level and when it shuts off, the pipes stay filled unless something opens to allow air into the system at the high point.

For example, shifting the valve on the filter momentarily connects the circuit to the vent and it starts to drain until the valve reaches the next position.

I’ve never stopped the pump with the valve for the deck jets open - it may drain back in that case.
    Good point, and I should have thought of that. If both ends of circulating piping are below water level- it can never draw air into the system.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.