Thread: Online exam prep for NJ contractor license

Online exam prep for NJ contractor license

Good morning all,

I’m looking into taking the NJ contractor license exam. I purchased Mike Holts Master exam that I have used to study and prep for the code portion. My question is, is there any online prep classes or practice tests geared towards NJ? I want to be prepared for the business,law, fire portion of the exam and currently I don’t have any prep materials besides the actual book that the test is based off of.

thanks for your help!

The only direct NJ info I've seen comes directly from a code prep class. Many of these instructors have some inside information at to what you'll need to study. Mike's stuff is great and things that you don't understand can always be asked here on the forum. Good luck!
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

On the top right of this information booklet, it lists 4 books that I need to bring for the Alarms system Contractor part of the exam. I am curious for online training to help in this aspect. I haven’t seen any Mike Holt material that covers these areas. (NASCLA business and law / Fire alarm systems ). Any links for this stuff?

Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would highly recommend http://www.alanchech.com. He was knowledgeable and thorough. I know that isn't exactly what you were looking for but I was able to pass my exam without those books. There were few answers that came from the texts you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by tank728 View Post
    I would highly recommend http://www.alanchech.com. He was knowledgeable and thorough. I know that isn't exactly what you were looking for but I was able to pass my exam without those books. There were few answers that came from the texts you mention.
    I second that I would not have passed the test without his class very good class for sure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk