Thread: BUY ALL SELL ALL 1500V MAX?

BUY ALL SELL ALL 1500V MAX?

I have a next-door neighbor with an empty lot and wanted to approach them to potentially pitch a buy all sell all interconnection for the lot. They have a single family cape and wanted to be sure that 690.7 allows for up to a 1500v system for them, or are they limited to 600v in the residential neighborhood? I haven't called Duke or contacted the AHJ, but wondering if someone has seen/done this type of project.

I am guessing if Duke doesn't care they would just need a meter and line installed on the empty lot.

Quote Originally Posted by broyland413 View Post
    I have a next-door neighbor with an empty lot and wanted to approach them to potentially pitch a buy all sell all interconnection for the lot. They have a single family cape and wanted to be sure that 690.7 allows for up to a 1500v system for them, or are they limited to 600v in the residential neighborhood? I haven't called Duke or contacted the AHJ, but wondering if someone has seen/done this type of project.

I am guessing if Duke doesn't care they would just need a meter and line installed on the empty lot.
    I don't know about 1500V but if you are talking about a ground mounted system, 1000V DC is OK.

Under the current NEC as long as no conductors from the PV system touch a residential building there is no 600V limit. While there might be a good reason to go to 1,000V, unless you are doing a large (>10MW) utility-scale export only system there is little reason to go to 1,500V.

Quote Originally Posted by pv_n00b View Post
    Under the current NEC as long as no conductors from the PV system touch a residential building there is no 600V limit.
    And that residential building would have to be a single- or two-family dwelling for the 600V limit to apply.