Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounded Conductor required?

Quote Originally Posted by packersparky View Post
    By definition, the system bonding jumper is the connection between the SSBJ and the grounded conductor. The connection can be made in the transformer and the grounded conductor would not need to be brought to the disconnect.

NEC requires a white (or grey) grounded conductor sized per T250.102 to be brought into the Service for fault path.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale001289 View Post
    NEC requires a white (or grey) grounded conductor sized per T250.102 to be brought into the Service for fault path.
    Yes but I don't believe we're discussing a service.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    If the conductors originate from a transformer secondary I believe it applies regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is the possibility the "what you believe" may not be what the Code states

Can you provide a Code reference that requires such an install ?
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

I agree, the OP is asking about an SDS.

Roger

and services don't required supply side bonding jumpers which basically is doing the job of the grounded conductor being brought to a service where there is no load. So you have similar animals under a different name.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale001289 View Post
    If the conductors originate from a transformer secondary I believe it applies regardless
    I don't see anything in this thread that would indicate that a service is involved, the OP even mentions SDS. An SDS and a service are two different things although some believe that they are treated the same.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

I don't see anything in this thread that would indicate that a service is involved, the OP even mentions SDS. An SDS and a service are two different things although some believe that they are treated the same.
    I still believe a dedicated white grounded conductor is required to be run with circuit conductors from all transformer LV secondaries to panels, disconnects etc even if no phase to neutral loads exist.

and I, for one, will gladly enforce that on inspections if you only give me a valid Code reference.
    "Dale says so" will not work on my rejection notices

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    and I, for one, will gladly enforce that on inspections if you only give me a valid Code reference.
    "Dale says so" will not work on my rejection notices
    Fine - if you can explain how a CB will trip or fuse will blow without a fault path from the device back to the transformer I will gladly rescind my last post