Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fundamental of Engineering (FE) Electrical Exam

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Are you allowed to bring material into the exam anymore or are all the references on the computer?
    All the references are online. Learning how where to find each formula and using them while practicing for exam questions would be the best way to study. The reference sheet is available when signing up at the NEC website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel View Post
    All the references are online. Learning how where to find each formula and using them while practicing for exam questions would be the best way to study. The reference sheet is available when signing up at the NEC website.
    Too many acronyms these days... I'm fairly certain you meant NCEES website. You can download a reference pdf manual for free but not take it into exam.

The NCEES FE Reference Handbook is the only reference material that can be used during the exam. You will be provided with an electronic reference handbook during the exam. For access prior to your exam, you may either purchase a hard copy or download a free electronic copy.

Register or log in to MyNCEES to download your free copy of the FE Reference Handbook.
    Dennis L. Karst, P.E.

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Are you allowed to bring material into the exam anymore or are all the references on the computer?
    You are only permitted an approved calculator. There will be a locker to place your things. All writing utensils and scratch paper will be provided to you. When you take the exam, you will provided a computer with a searchable (CTRL+F) copy of the FE reference guide so it's advisable to simulate those conditions by doing practice problems under the same conditions: Computer, calculator, paper, pencil, FE guide. I don't recall if it's bookmarked, but you need to be familiar with the reference guide to navigate it quickly because nearly all of the information is in there.

The BEST way for me to study was to get a highly rated review guide from Amazon and load the FE Reference guide available at NCEES onto a computer. I went through the guide page by page and did nearly all the example problems. I even brought out my old college books and drilled calculus, geometry, etc to get the brain juices flowing again. I was 5 years out of college so I needed to review everything. I ignored some subjects because there were only a couple questions according to the exam specs and I would have had to teach myself everything.

The exam rooms get cold, bring a light jacket and wear jeans.