Bonding receptacle junction boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc1060

The job I am working on has pvc conduit under the slab. The inspector requires that the raceways transition to EMT as they exit the slab. The branch circuits pulled through these raceways include an equipment ground. This equipment ground is also terminated to a 20 Amp 120 Volt receptacle. My question is does this steel junction box need to be bonded to the equipment ground with a pig tail and 10-32 grounding screw. The only bond the metallic junction box and EMT have to the equipment ground is through the receptacle.

iwire

Staff member
The job I am working on has pvc conduit under the slab. The inspector requires that the raceways transition to EMT as they exit the slab. The branch circuits pulled through these raceways include an equipment ground. This equipment ground is also terminated to a 20 Amp 120 Volt receptacle. My question is does this steel junction box need to be bonded to the equipment ground with a pig tail and 10-32 grounding screw. The only bond the metallic junction box and EMT have to the equipment ground is through the receptacle.

Yes, 250.148 requires that the EGC be connected to the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.