Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not using certain wire sizes

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    They don't have that big of variety of NEMA 3R loadcenters to begin with in most stores. Even looking online I don't think they have that much variety.

Or someone returned something that doesn't work, was damaged, or not even the same item that is supposed to be in the box.

Nearest HD or Lowe's are both about 100 miles away from me, but we do have another big box store that covers most of upper midwest area - Menards. I one time bought a three pack of P & S GFCI's from them, put it on shelf in my shop for later use when needed. When that time came I was on job read to install - and find someone returned three of their cheap "private label" GFCIs' in the P & S box. Of course I was probably at least an hour drive away from the store and was not happy at all. Now I check contents of most everything unless maybe it appears to have never been opened.
    Around here, Lowe's has greatly reduced their stock of all panelboards. No C-H or GE at all, but they *might* have a small selection of breakers. They have the same shelf space, just keep spacing the boxes further apart as they reduce inventory. Some "warehouse"...

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    As an aside, both have stopped selling SE and SER cable here.
    A couple of years ago I was in Lowe's and they had just put a clearance tag on a $1000 reel of 4/0 4/0 4/0 2/0 AL quadplex. I took it home for $500. I've been using it up 10-20 feet at a time. Got about a 1/4 reel left. They still sell 4/0 AL SER here, but they charge a lot more than the supply house.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    As an aside, both have stopped selling SE and SER cable here.
    Utter blasphemy.