Thread: Switch Install

Switch Install

Have to install fused switch into distribution board. Look like there is a space available. What’s involved in doing this? Guess it could be pretty easy to very difficult. Assume have to have same manufacturer as the equipment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	20607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	20608  

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Have to install fused switch into distribution board. Look like there is a space available. What’s involved in doing this? Guess it could be pretty easy to very difficult. Assume have to have same manufacturer as the equipment.

sometimes requires mounting hardware sometime doesn't. Should only take two men an hour to install but requires a shutdown so that has to be nailed down to estimate cost prior to pricing. Likely a night or weekend, so minimum 4 hours.

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Strathead View Post
    sometimes requires mounting hardware sometime doesn't. Should only take two men an hour to install but requires a shutdown so that has to be nailed down to estimate cost prior to pricing. Likely a night or weekend, so minimum 4 hours.
    Thanks...yup got the shutdown part.

Shut down once for initial attempt at installing to find out what you have doesn't work, or is still needing something not included, then shut down again when you get the correct items
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Shut down once for initial attempt at installing to find out what you have doesn't work, or is still needing something not included, then shut down again when you get the correct items
    Providing the correct panel and switch info should ensure you get all of the correct hardware the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by zog View Post
    Providing the correct panel and switch info should ensure you get all of the correct hardware the first time.
    One would hope so, but you know how things go sometimes. If you are missing anything and find out after you are shut down and in the process of installing it - you very possibly will need to schedule another shutdown once you get whatever you needed. If shutdown is going to be a big issue one needs to be careful and hopefully only need to shut down once.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by zog View Post
    I agree as long as someone who is familiar with the switch and the required parts can look at them ahead of time. We routinely remove, add, and change out "buckets".
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted