DU223NRB

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREEBALL

I am trying to price a 240 volt 2 pole 100 amp rain tight Square D disconnect with a solid neutral. I came up with DU223NRB on the Schneider site but cant find the actual disconnect anywhere and google says theres no matching number. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

Thanx in advance

jeff

sparkyrick

I am trying to price a 240 volt 2 pole 100 amp rain tight Square D disconnect with a solid neutral. I came up with DU223NRB on the Schneider site but cant find the actual disconnect anywhere and google says theres no matching number. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

Thanx in advance

jeff

Try D223NRB, but it'll need fuses.

Carultch

Thanx in advance

jeff

It is rare that you will find an unfused disconnect that comes with a factory neutral. Usually only fusible disconnects come with a factory neutral.

Therefore, you should try looking for DU223RB, and the corresponding neutral kit. You may also need to look for the corresponding equipment ground kit, because unfused switches are not service disconnects and thus need neutral to remain insulated from equipment ground.

kwired

Electron manager
What options do you want?

Breaking down the number you gave us and looking in catalog-

D - general duty
U - non fused
first 2 - 2 pole unit
23 - 100 amps
N - with neutral
RB - NEMA 3R enclosure

Your number doesn't exist in the catalog - a three pole version with all other things the same does exist DU323RB, but does not have a neutral terminal.

What is listed in catalog in the place where your number potentially could appear is instead a QO2000NRB - which is a molded case switch with no automatic overcurrent protection installed in an enclosure.

You could go with a fused general duty switch D223NRB, or a heavy duty fused H223NRB, or heavy duty non fused still makes you use a three pole unit HU363RB, also does not have a neutral terminal.

I don't know if you can order separate neutral terminals - not seeing any in accessories, just equipment grounding kits. Polaris connectors for the neutral is an option if you must splice a neutral.

kwired

Electron manager
I myself would use a QO2100BNRB and plug in a QO2100 circuit breaker - cost is less (for me anyway but I get a good price on QO products compared to most other Square D lines at my supplier) then for a three pole disconnect plus it has a neutral terminal. No external operating handle though if that is a must.

FREEBALL

Thanx

Im running a feeder to a separate building on same premesis and just need a disconnect outside for emergency purposes. The feeder is 70 amps fused inside main building so I really only need a non fused disconnect. Thanx again for all responses

kwired

Electron manager
If you are on a prior 2014 NEC keep in mind it must be suitable for use as service equipment. If 2014 applies it only has to be suitable for use as service equipment when there is no equipment grounding conductor in the feeder per allowances of 250.32(B). If you are running a new feeder you will need an EGC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.