Gorilla nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnbiker

so I bought some of these Red Gorilla wire nuts, first impression they are larger, I don't care for the soft rubber shell and I don't think I am getting them any tighter on wires. I wont be buying anymore, Just my opinion.......

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
so I bought some of these Red Gorilla wire nuts, first impression they are larger, I don't care for the soft rubber shell and I don't think I am getting them any tighter on wires. I wont be buying anymore, Just my opinion.......

I have some blue ones. They don't work well at their max rating, which is 6 #12's. They also take up a bunch of room. I am not sure I like the way they feel when you twist them down, either.

The thread title reminds me of a story that a third party electrical inspector I often use told me years ago. Hes the type who hasnt actually looked at any of my work in years - just shows up, and complains about obama for a few minutes then complains about the latest shoddy work he had to inspect. So he tells me he was inspecting some homeowner's work one time and the guy was trying to put together an obscene number of wires, like more than even a blue could handle. He asked the inspector if there were wire nuts bigger than the blue ones. The inspector says, "yeah they make them, just go to the supply house and ask for some king kong wire nuts." Hey thats a good electrician gift idea, a huge novelty wire nut.......

Status
Not open for further replies.