load calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Why do you list a laundry circuit at 0 watts? IMO, either list it at 1500VA or do not list.

You show a factored demand for three appliances, stating 4 or less at 85%. 220.53 states 4 or more appliances, and at 75%. Also, you should itemize loads then total. Just the total may not fly with a plans examiner.

Does this apartment have a water heater?

kwired

Electron manager
"Small appliance circuit minimum of 2 @ 1,500 watts each" there is a minimum requirement of two circuits - but do you have just two or do you have more? You need 1500VA for each SABC installed.

Refrigerator is included in the SABC's, if you run a separate circuit for a refrigerator on a 20 amp circuit - the way I read it that is another SABC @ 1500VA, if you use the exception allowing it to be on a 15 amp branch circuit however you can omit that from requirements of 220.52.

I don't have a problem with zero for laundry - you just are indicating there is no circuit, could maybe have been worded "number of laundry circuits - 0" but I think what you have should be understandable to most.

Do agree you need 4 or more fixed appliances to take any demand factors for them and it is 75% when you do get to use it. Refrigerator may not be an appliance that is "fastened in place"

You took 8.16KW for the range - I believe you could have used 8.0. it is under 12kw and you can directly take figures in column C.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
What I'm doing if I have only 3 fixed appliance?( dishwasher, refrigerator, went hood)
My demand load is 100%?
The refrigerator has to be on a small appliance branch circuit [210.52(B)(1)]... and its not a fastened-in-place appliance.

Demand load for remaining two is at 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.