Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to handle correctly-dissatisfied customer

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Do you not get that the customer doesn't want him to fix it!! He wants his money back. Period.
    The bottom line is, the customer wants a functioning gate system when this is all said and done. Whoever ends up installing it.

In my opinion, if the product is failing to meet everyones standards, conversations need to take place in the beginning leading towards replacing with another quality gate system long before it gets to the point the customer is so mad they only want a refund and you off their property.

Larry saddled this horse....

He's not mad at me, but he wants what he paid for. So do I. I want to be a "co-plaintiff", not a "defendant". I'm on his side.

I put the recharged batteries in today. Apparently, the new board isn't working correctly, I have to wait until Monday now.
    Code references based on 2005 NEC
    Larry B. Fine
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

boy oh boy, what a situation to be in!
    The End of the World as i Knew it: 2012. I'm having my Doom's Day now.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    He's not mad at me, but he wants what he paid for. So do I. I want to be a "co-plaintiff", not a "defendant". I'm on his side.

I put the recharged batteries in today. Apparently, the new board isn't working correctly, I have to wait until Monday now.
    It’s a tough situation to be in for sure; I’ve learned little lessons like this along the way.

I think maybe though if you can just get the dang thing to finally work the customer will leave it alone.

Maybe you can get this one going and be done with might mule. I’ve worked on enough of them that I know I don’t want to sell them.

I’ve got a friend that’s a Viking dealer, so what I’ve always done is take the work on running the power, and give him the referral on the gate opener. I’ve always thought it’s best to leave it to someone that does the work every day, and also stocks the parts to repair them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.