User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    I agree. I also have many times crawled into crawlspace and taken voltage readings in junction boxes or other enclosures. Another key word in the code is "likely"

Still one of the worst code sections that the CMP seems to think is fine the way it is. Pretty sure people have tried to clarify it but is always rejected.
    I agree, I've argued that it would require receptacles to have working clearance, by the wording of the code
    I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.

John Childress
    Electrical Inspector
    IAEI / CEI / C10
    Certified Electrical Inspector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjwc View Post
    That's talking about the condenser
    The way the OP describes it, the disconnects are in the required space and need to be moved.
    The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkidd View Post
    The way the OP describes it, the disconnects are in the required space and need to be moved.
    I thought he was talking about the condenser being in front of the disconnect. The section that was quoted was talking about the door for the condenser needing clearance, and you are correct you cannot put the disconnect on that panel.
    I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.

John Childress
    Electrical Inspector
    IAEI / CEI / C10
    Certified Electrical Inspector