Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Altitude Sickness

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    I'm glad it seems to be a minor hiccup. I wish you and him a profitable relationship.

yup. there is a shortage of good sparkies in this area.
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Rehydration is also effective against hangovers.
    Maybe nobody needs to know what the precise cause was.

It has been my experience that the best way to spot a drug or alcohol problem is by watching the production habits of the employee. So far it looks like this guy may be a keeper. We will get him enrolled in the apprentice program within the next week or so and we'll order his shirts after 30 days of satisfactory performance.
    Bob on the left coast.

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkludecke View Post
    It has been my experience that the best way to spot a drug or alcohol problem is by watching the production habits of the employee. So far it looks like this guy may be a keeper. We will get him enrolled in the apprentice program within the next week or so and we'll order his shirts after 30 days of satisfactory performance.
    you did a pre employment drug screen, yes?

hell, if he shows up, gives a poop, and doesn't text incessantly,
    call it a win....
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

He could also have some motion sickness. I have long been subject to that. I got carsick really bad as a kid and sometimes as an adult. Riding mountain roads with hairpin turns are hard on me, specially if I don't drive them. The one time I went deep sea fishing, I got seasick and had dry heaves long after draining my stomach. Went back to motel and slept till about 1000 that night. Never even dropped a line in the water.

If he does good work, be patient with him. Such afflictions are a real curse on some of us.
    Yes, I'll be happy to do a first class job for less than anyone else and take a dollar a week for 10 years.