c/o from Ballast to LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

blane

Im changing over from a flourescent lights to LED. SO do i take out old ballast and replace with LED driver? Do I wire all yellows + blues together from old ballast and wire the LED Ballast directly to the new LED bulbs?

I know it sounds confusing.

cpinetree

Im changing over from a flourescent lights to LED. SO do i take out old ballast and replace with LED driver?
:huh: Well yes or it wouldn't be LED:lol: or maybe its an led tube an requires the electronic ballast to stay in place :blink:

Do I wire all yellows + blues together from old ballast and wire the LED Ballast directly to the new LED bulbs?
Maybe :?

More info?
What does the LED driver schematic show?
What model number?

No way to correctly answer the question with the information given.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
There are a lot of different ways that LED replacements for linear fluorescents can be designed, including:
1. Drop-in replacement with no changes to luminaire.
2. Drop-in replacement but shorting required at tombstones.
3. Ballast bypassed to deliver line AC to tombstones.
4. Ballast replaced by LED driver.
You need to read and follow the instructions for the unit you are installing or if planning a purchase decide which kind you want.

Blane,

Your profile says you are an apprentice. I read over your other post regarding your houses interior wiring. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to also direct your questions to whomever you are apprenticing with. It should be easier to understand the answers in person and it will also show them that you are eager and willing to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.