Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Old Dog, New Tricks

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,016
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    That what I normally do. Fans are cheap and the labor to install is not that much. I could have installed a new fan in less time.

    The choice is not mine to make, I can only make suggestions, in the end it's up to the customer.

    There are a few people (very few) that don't like our disposable society and all the waste and want to repair rather than replace.
    I agree with that. We Brits are getting better at that,, the waste issue I mean. What can be recycled gets recycled. ..........
    I was just thinking of the cost to the customer in this case rather than his conscience about the waste issue.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    The speed control switch that's inside the fan housing that's operated by a pull chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingenieur View Post

    makes sense now
    If you were to replace a switch like this for your own fan and not have any labor cost then it would be an economical choice. Or if you were to do this on a house you intended to sell and not interested in the long run functionality of the fan.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
    I was just thinking of the cost to the customer in this case rather than his conscience about the waste issue.
    As I told this lady I normally don't get anyone wanting a fan repaired. They normally will want a perfectly good fan replaced with a newer model they happen to like.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •