Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Dog, New Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    That what I normally do. Fans are cheap and the labor to install is not that much. I could have installed a new fan in less time.

The choice is not mine to make, I can only make suggestions, in the end it's up to the customer.

There are a few people (very few) that don't like our disposable society and all the waste and want to repair rather than replace.
    I agree with that. We Brits are getting better at that,, the waste issue I mean. What can be recycled gets recycled. ..........
    I was just thinking of the cost to the customer in this case rather than his conscience about the waste issue.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    The speed control switch that's inside the fan housing that's operated by a pull chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingenieur View Post

makes sense now
    If you were to replace a switch like this for your own fan and not have any labor cost then it would be an economical choice. Or if you were to do this on a house you intended to sell and not interested in the long run functionality of the fan.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
    I was just thinking of the cost to the customer in this case rather than his conscience about the waste issue.
    As I told this lady I normally don't get anyone wanting a fan repaired. They normally will want a perfectly good fan replaced with a newer model they happen to like.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.