User Tag List

Thread: bonding above ground pool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bonding above ground pool

An above ground pool [18'] has been installed for years now. The pool water and a metal fence can be bonded to the pool pump frame. The pool has a wooden deck going around about 40% of the pool. This deck is preventing the installation of a equipotential bond. The deck is to low and close to pool to make any connection. The deck is about 5' wide.

Is there another option ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that if you could at least install it around the exposed ground portion it would serve the purpose of if someone was standing on the ground 18” from pool that they too would be elevated to the voltage fault. Something standing on a wooden (non conductive surface for all practical reasons) you should not be to concerned about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How deep is this pool? If it is over 42" I would think you could fit under the deck.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a 4' with about 6-7" below ground in some areas. The deck was made with storage in mind which is making it very difficult to do. Parts of deck would need to be removed and then replaced I was thinking of coming out beyond the deck since going completely around was not much of a option.

Thanks for the replies.