Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformer XO

Quote Originally Posted by KnightPower View Post
    I think I understand. Pull out neutral to disconnect and leave bond screw there. Done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    It’s a 3 hr drive one way. I was hoping not to make another trip. But of course I want it to be safe. My job was completed 3 weeks before the saw arrived. I should have simplified what I was after. I can have the factory rep remove the bond screw which would basically carry the white neutral thru to the saw just needs to be identified as ground. Clear path lug from transformer straight thru to the lug on saw.

You are overthinking things. Your load doesn't utilize a neutral so you have no need to connect one to anything. Cap your white wire in the saw and forget about it. You didn't need it, but won't hurt to leave it either.

You still need same grounding/bonding regardless, and on a wye system that must be done with the neutral conductor.

Had you supplied a panelboard with other 120 volt loads as well as this saw instead of just a single disconnect then the saw, you simply would have left the panel with three ungrounded and an equipment grounding conductor.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

I have a similar but not so similar question so Ill just piggy back off this post. Would the XFMR need a GEC to ground rod if installed on 10th floor? I have the transformer grounded to the raised platform but the platform isnt attached to building. The platform floats on roof with equipment. Do i need a GEC from 1st floor to roof?

I think that a bonding jumper (not GEC) to closest building steel (if qualified) should be all you need.

But the platform will need an EGC in the feeder to the transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    I think that a bonding jumper (not GEC) to closest building steel (if qualified) should be all you need.

But the platform will need an EGC in the feeder to the transformer.
    Yes Sir. Is there an address in NEC you can point me to?