NEC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thbmx511

I was takeing a test in my electrical class and came across a question that me and my instructor got a diffrent answer. If anyone could help us out that would be great.

Where flexibility is necessary, securing of liquidtight flexible metal conduit is not required for lengths not exceeding _______ feet at terminals?
A, 2
B, 3
C, 4
D, 6

And again thanks for any help.

mgookin

Welcome to the forums. This is a NEC forum. You are in the right place.

But in the future please be more descriptive in your post title; you'll get better interaction.

It's likely someone will come along shortly with a citation and Article reference.

Again, welcome! :thumbsup:

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Since you are getting started in the profession, and since finding your way around the NEC is not easy to learn, please let me suggest that the Index is your friend. Look up LFMC in the index, then look within that article for rules related to securing and supporting. You shold be able to find your answer fairly quickly.

Welcome to the forum.

luckylerado

I was takeing a test in my electrical class and came across a question that me and my instructor got a diffrent answer. If anyone could help us out that would be great.

Where flexibility is necessary, securing of liquidtight flexible metal conduit is not required for lengths not exceeding _______ feet at terminals?
A, 2
B, 3
C, 4
D, 6

Depends on the size of the raceway.

mgookin

Since you are getting started in the profession, and since finding your way around the NEC is not easy to learn, please let me suggest that the Index is your friend. Look up LFMC in the index, then look within that article for rules related to securing and supporting. You shold be able to find your answer fairly quickly.

Welcome to the forum.

+1

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

Welcome to the forum.
To go along with that, most of the Articles in Chapter 3 use a "parallel" numbering system. For example the xxx.30 sections contain the rules that cover securing and supporting.

jacrider

New User
Article 350.30 gives the answers in the exceptions but you must know the trade size.

Article 350.30 gives the answers in the exceptions but you must know the trade size.

A, 2
B, 3
C, 4
D, 6

Status
Not open for further replies.