Can a 30KVA Transformer Feed (2) Sub Panels by Double Lugging Load Side o Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayton.luc

Hello Everyone,

I am a Master Electrician and have only been in the trade 15 years. I have never seen (1) Transformer feeding (2) sub panels off the load side of the Transformer. Yes Obviously I have used the pass through kits on the panels but the prints show two main breakers an it coming right off the transformer....

Please advise.... What do I do?

iwire

Staff member
Code wise when secondary side protection is required you can have as many as six main breaker panels tapped directly from a transformer.

See note 2 to table 450.3(B)

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
The install is allowed by the Code.
Just make sure your transformer is protected in accordance with 450.3(B), your conductors meet requirements of 240.21(C) and the panels meet 408.36.

(This reply is based on an in-house SDS transformer and not a service transformer)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hello Everyone,

I am a Master Electrician and have only been in the trade 15 years. I have never seen (1) Transformer feeding (2) sub panels off the load side of the Transformer. Yes Obviously I have used the pass through kits on the panels but the prints show two main breakers an it coming right off the transformer....

No problem, do as the engineered design show. As an aside, why are you calling them sub panels?

Roger

templdl

Hello Everyone,

What did the transformer manufacturer say?

Status
Not open for further replies.