Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tap conductor

Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    You have a feeder, it is a feeder tap.
    240.21(B) "Conductors shall be permitted to be tapped, without overcurrent protection at the tap, to a feeder as specified in....".

I have conductors tapped to load side of fused service disconnect terminals not feeders. How does 240.21(B) apply?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hhsting View Post
    240.21(B) "Conductors shall be permitted to be tapped, without overcurrent protection at the tap, to a feeder as specified in....".

I have conductors tapped to load side of fused service disconnect terminals not feeders. How does 240.21(B) apply?

There was a proposal to add language stating that a feeder tap may start at the load terminals of a device, but it was rejected as being Un necessary. You dont actually need a wire type feeder to make a feeder tap.
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Quote Originally Posted by hhsting View Post

Look at the definition of a tap conductor. Both sets of conductors on the load side of your disconnect meet the definition.