Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Connecting UFER to a ground rod

Quote Originally Posted by KaBoom! View Post
    Dennis, you said that "Any crimp lug would work if it is rated for outdoor or direct burial." But the code specifically says that it needs to be listed as grounding and bonding equipment. I do not know about acorns, but I do know that none of the crimps I have looked at from Burndy or T&B say that they are listed as grounding or bonding equipment. So that would mean that they are not code compliant, would it not?
    Even though the listing may only mention outdoor or direct burial, UL 467 is the standard for "Grounding and Bonding" equipment.

IOW's, if the listing states UL 467 it's done.

https://standardscatalog.ul.com/stan...tandard_467_10

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Even though the listing may only mention outdoor or direct burial, UL 467 is the standard for "Grounding and Bonding" equipment.

IOW's, if the listing states UL 467 it's done.

https://standardscatalog.ul.com/stan...tandard_467_10

Roger
    Perfect, thank you

Dennis, you said that "Any crimp lug would work if it is rated for outdoor or direct burial." But the code specifically says that it needs to be listed as grounding and bonding equipment. I do not know about acorns, but I do know that none of the crimps I have looked at from Burndy or T&B say that they are listed as grounding or bonding equipment. So that would mean that they are not code compliant, would it not?
    Burndy on line catalog has completely different section on grounding. If you get into irreversible compression components they have similar catalog number as other components not listed for grounding except there is a "G" in the catalog number.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Perfect, thank you
    You're welcome.

Roger