Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meter base between windows

I have no earthly ideal, but you would think they carried a ladder with them LOL
    Last edited by Dennis Alwon; 08-12-18 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by joebeadg View Post
    thats the craziest service i ever seen, how did they read the meter before the smart meter was installed?

Like this

They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Quote Originally Posted by joebeadg View Post
    thats the craziest service i ever seen, how did they read the meter befor the smart meter was installed?
    Those displays weren't that small that someone with reasonably decent vision couldn't read them. He said the edge of roof was only like 8-9 feet above grade.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Those displays weren't that small that someone with reasonably decent vision couldn't read them. He said the edge of roof was only like 8-9 feet above grade.
    People where I live in Jamaica have been wanting to raise their meters because of theft of meters... Yes, people stealing electric meters... to try to get free electricity for a while...
    They also steal older water meters to sell the metal from, leading the utility to install plastic water meters that according to those who have them, charge more for water... But the three people who called me in for problems after the new water meters went in all had leaks caused by stressing the water pipes - so usually just dug up five feet of waterpipe after the meter, installed a one way valve and new pipe, reburied it and problems fixed.. one customer said they had lowest water usage in ten years..either they had always had a small leak or they had never had the one way valve in place.

But still prefer meters more at eye level..