Code Adoption Progress in the South

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Yeah...I expected as much. So clearly you agree with ALL the amendments so join my list of IDIOTS on the NC Building Code Council.
So it is ok for people that disagree with you to call you an IDIOT?

I don't think calling people names is how this forum should work.

There is clearly room for disagreements on this and many other NEC issues.

peter d

Yeah...I expected as much. So clearly you agree with ALL the amendments so join my list of IDIOTS on the NC Building Code Council.

Does the Encore Wire Corporation know about the poor public image you portray on behalf of their company? Personally, I think you should lose your job there immediately since you're unable to hide your extreme bias in favor of manufacturer driven code rules. It only damages the industry and hardens skeptics like myself.

peter d

I wonder how the "idiots" on the NC Building Code Council would feel if they knew a representative of a major electrical products corporation called them idiots on a prominent NEC discussion forum? Well, I'm sure they would probably feel vindicated in their decisions to relax certain NEC rules. :thumbsup: I know I would. :thumbsup:

GeorgeB

ElectroHydraulics engineer (retired)
Occupation
Retired
Perhaps you will tell us with which of the amendments you disagree, and why? Otherwise, your comments really don't contribute to the thread ... and as a thread simply giving status, perhaps not even then.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician

Thats just an assumption. I regret to say just but because something comes from an official source does not mean its 100% true. Look at what many officials, organizations or people in power have done through out history, sometimes not even from evil, just by pure accident. Everyone makes mistakes, even trusted organizations. I can not figure out why you believe the NFPA has never and never will make an honest mistake. :blink:

BTW, in regard to the comments made a while back in the podcast that glowing connections simply spring open... that is not entirely true. Some do and can ignite fires before that. And no, most glowing connections produce no arc signature. IF anything arcing is the end stage of a glowing connection, not the beginning.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
The NC Building Code Council is made up of IDIOTS...who listen to IDIOTS from the local NCIEC and HBA!

Why are these people "idiots"? In the information they have presented, what do you not agree with and why? Is it simply because it contradicts what NFPA says? Im all ears. :thumbsup:

peter d

Bryan, just curious if you are going to take ownership of MasterTheNEC's comments? He is on your side and on your team, after all. Do you condone a fellow industry representative calling a state's code making committee members "idiots"? Are you willing to publicly disavow his statements? Your silence speaks volumes so far.

Personally, I'm glad he finally "came out of the closet" about his true feelings. It certainly bolsters my contempt and distrust for manufacturers.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Bryan, just curious if you are going to take ownership of MasterTheNEC's comments? He is on your side and on your team, after all. Do you condone a fellow industry representative calling a state's code making committee members "idiots"? Are you willing to publicly disavow his statements? Your silence speaks volumes so far.

Personally, I'm glad he finally "came out of the closet" about his true feelings. It certainly bolsters my contempt and distrust for manufacturers.

Pete, its obvious to anyone who is not brainwashed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLmC5quELrE

peter d

Bryan, I'm sure you've read this thread but have chosen to ignore it. Do you condone Paul Abernathy's comments calling members of the NC Building Code Council "IDIOTS"?

peter d

I think both... I am still waiting for an answer about how a none GFP AFCI provides fire protection on old BX without a bonding strip.

It provides very little protection at best, and no protection at worst. But you are unlikely to hear that kind of truth from someone who represents the industry. :happyno:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
It provides very little protection at best, and no protection at worst. But you are unlikely to hear that kind of truth from someone who represents the industry. :happyno:

According to BPH it does offer protection, but when asked why he bails. The more I look at AFCI supporters and those pushing gimmicky products into the code the more I see folks who lack understanding in electrical theory.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Thanks for the video. In this day and age, I guess the new saying will be "A youtube video is worth a thousand words".

It certainly can, and anyone can replicate this themselves. Get a load center, different versions of AFCIs, a heater and see what happens:thumbsup:

bphgravity

The Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission has opened the rulemaking process to adopt the 2015 Edition of the International Residential Code® as well as make corrections to the 2015 Edition of the International Fuel Gas Code® and the 2014 Edition of the National Electrical Code®.

To review the draft rules for Chapter 20, Adopted Codes, Subchapters 5, 9, and 11, CLICK HERE: http://ok.gov/oubcc/documents/Chapter 20 Subchapters 5 9 and 11 regulatory text.pdf

To review the Rule Impact State for Chapter 20, Adopted Codes, Subchapters 5, 9 and 11, CLICK HERE: http://ok.gov/oubcc/documents/RIS Chapter 20 subchapters 5 9 and 11.pdf

peter d

The Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission has opened the rulemaking process to adopt the 2015 Edition of the International Residential Code® as well as make corrections to the 2015 Edition of the International Fuel Gas Code® and the 2014 Edition of the National Electrical Code®.

To review the draft rules for Chapter 20, Adopted Codes, Subchapters 5, 9, and 11, CLICK HERE: http://ok.gov/oubcc/documents/Chapter 20 Subchapters 5 9 and 11 regulatory text.pdf

To review the Rule Impact State for Chapter 20, Adopted Codes, Subchapters 5, 9 and 11, CLICK HERE: http://ok.gov/oubcc/documents/RIS Chapter 20 subchapters 5 9 and 11.pdf

Oh hey Bryan,

So do you condone Paul's comments? I would sure like to hear what you have to say, because by not saying anything, you are de facto agreeing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.