Commericial Solar Interconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also there are usually multiple ways to skin a cat. I did recently do a non PV job on a switchboard which had reduced ampacity sections which would have required an engineer for a load side connection. If I was doing PV there, I would have skipped that option and lugged onto the bus splice above the CT's (which I in fact did but not for PV purposes). AFAIK most bolt patterns in this stuff conform to NEMA standard patterns so its easy to size up a lug.

Hi everyone,

I'm PV systems designer. I've designed hundreds of small and large residential arrays, as well as some small commercial arrays, but I want to grow my knowledge in interconnecting large commercial arrays. My academic background is in electronic materials engineering, so in the past year and a half I've had to learn all my residential interconnection knowledge from our company's electrical journeymen. Most of the electricians we have working for us are skilled in residential, but not as much in commercial. Things like switchgears are intimidating to even look at, but I'd like to become more familiar with the components, and especially the design parameters involved with them. Does anyone have any good websites or books to recommend?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Andy

This past Wednesday I toured one of our 70 MW farms that went on-line last month in Bakersfield and keep in touch I will invite you out to my 27 MW facility breaking ground March 2016. We are almost completed with design. I too have built numerous residential and light commercial up to about 110 KW systems but this all is in a different league.

Status
Not open for further replies.