Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: EOS Article

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,152

    EOS Article

    Thought I'd share. Interesting and applies to our trade. I apply EOS in certain situations.


    https://www.dcd.com/articles/economy...cost-estimates

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    3 Hr 2 Min from Winged Horses
    Posts
    15,218
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Thought I'd share. Interesting and applies to our trade. I apply EOS in certain situations.


    https://www.dcd.com/articles/economy...cost-estimates
    What is EOS and where do you apply it?
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin


    Derek

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    What is EOS and where do you apply it?
    Economy of scale... Large qty items

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    846
    So you use sq/ft pricing on a hard estimate?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    So you use sq/ft pricing on a hard estimate?
    You modify square foot pricing based on the size of the project. Three warehouses, at 10K, 100K, and 1,000K square feet will not get the same per square foot pricing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maui
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    You modify square foot pricing based on the size of the project. Three warehouses, at 10K, 100K, and 1,000K square feet will not get the same per square foot pricing.
    I can agree with that, but the variance in electrical price is not for the same reasons as an asphalt parking area like the article implies.
    Perhaps it’s because of the service, or a labor factor, or production work, or lower supervision costs, or equipment. Sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    So you use sq/ft pricing on a hard estimate?
    Either way each of those 10K, 100K, and 1,000K warehouses would require a takeoff. It would be reckless to do otherwise.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by follybeacher View Post
    I can agree with that, but the variance in electrical price is not for the same reasons as an asphalt parking area like the article implies.
    Perhaps it’s because of the service, or a labor factor, or production work, or lower supervision costs, or equipment. Sure.



    Either way each of those 10K, 100K, and 1,000K warehouses would require a takeoff. It would be reckless to do otherwise.

    Bingo...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    So you use sq/ft pricing on a hard estimate?
    You can.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    You can.

    at your own peril...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •