Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: meeting room definition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Glad you see it that way then

There needs to be debate or nothing ever changes, finding medium ground that all involved can agree with is never accomplished, this applies to any public type policies, standards, etc.
    Yep..that's me......I never debate sure. What ever ...you folks won't get a rise out of me...lol..

Paul W. Abernathy
    Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
    CMP #5 and #17
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code®[NEC®]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    Yep..that's me......I never debate sure. What ever ...you folks won't get a rise out of me...lol..

Paul W. Abernathy
    Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
    CMP #5 and #17
    I got you to smile didn't I? Your keyboard or whatever gave us a smile.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not trying to argue how good or bad this code is. I try to comply to all codes from an unbiased view and assume that there are legitimate reasons for code changes. I do have a question however, and its just for my curiosity.

Why was it decided that provisions needed to be taken to mitigate trip hazards (what triggered this need) and why were certain rooms chosen to require trip hazard mitigation over others?

Again, serious question. I am neutral regarding this code requirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.zinkofsky View Post
    I am not trying to argue how good or bad this code is. I try to comply to all codes from an unbiased view and assume that there are legitimate reasons for code changes. I do have a question however, and its just for my curiosity.

Why was it decided that provisions needed to be taken to mitigate trip hazards (what triggered this need) and why were certain rooms chosen to require trip hazard mitigation over others?

Again, serious question. I am neutral regarding this code requirement.
    Safety is pretty obviously a worthy goal. The abitrary nature of which room types apply is a problem. There is also the problem caused by the real results...supposedly flush floor receptacles are rarely so, especially when floor finished are installed and especially when eventually replaced. Add to this the fact that people tend to not use floor receptacles due to inconvenient or nonfunctional covers, the fact that people in office attire will avoid kneeling on office floors, and the previously mentioned drastic improvement in battery technology that makes charging/powering in meetings unnecessary. It's a bit like mandating safer buggy whips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigv View Post
    Safety is pretty obviously a worthy goal. The abitrary nature of which room types apply is a problem. There is also the problem caused by the real results...supposedly flush floor receptacles are rarely so, especially when floor finished are installed and especially when eventually replaced. Add to this the fact that people tend to not use floor receptacles due to inconvenient or nonfunctional covers, the fact that people in office attire will avoid kneeling on office floors, and the previously mentioned drastic improvement in battery technology that makes charging/powering in meetings unnecessary. It's a bit like mandating safer buggy whips.
    Imagine how well safety codes/regulations like we see today would have been accepted back in 1850

Buggy with air bags and antilock brakes
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lane departure, backup cameras and warning gong, hands free call and text, gps monitors.
    I still have paper maps in my cars.