Thread: Anaconda Type EF flexible conduit

Anaconda Type EF flexible conduit

Can Anaconda type EF flexible conduit be used in a class 1 div 2 location with listed fittings ?

Yes, within the limitations of Section 501.10(B)(2) and 501.30 and Article 350. (It's just brand named LFMC)
    "Bob"
    Robert B. Alexander, P.E.
    Answers based on 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Davebones View Post
    Can Anaconda type EF flexible conduit be used in a class 1 div 2 location with listed fittings ?
    Type EF cannot be used for any NEC application. It does not comply with the requirements of 350.6.
    Don, Illinois
    (All code citations are 2017 unless otherwise noted)

Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
    Type EF cannot be used for any NEC application. It does not comply with the requirements of 350.6.
    Thanks for the catch Don, apparently Anaconda "Sealtight" is unlisted but the common data sheet claims Type EF is LFMC which is technically false advertising.
    "Bob"

Quote Originally Posted by rbalex View Post
    Thanks for the catch Don, apparently Anaconda "Sealtight" is unlisted but the common data sheet claims Type EF is LFMC which is technically false advertising.
    I believe it still is LFMC, but just not of the listed type. Around here, when you order LFMC from the supply houses, you will get the non-listed version unless you specify otherwise. I believe Anaconda has at least 3 versions of "sealtight". Type EF, Type UA (listed) and Type ZHUA (high temperature, listed).
    Don, Illinois

I believe it still is LFMC, but just not of the listed type. Around here, when you order LFMC from the supply houses, you will get the non-listed version unless you specify otherwise. I believe Anaconda has at least 3 versions of "sealtight". Type EF, Type UA (listed) and Type ZHUA (high temperature, listed).
    Then it is strongly misleading at best. Very similar to various C-H claims of UL "compliance" for non-listed fittings. To me, "LFMC" means it is compliant with Article 350. Of course, there was a time that Section 350.6 didn't exist and then it might have been considered LFMC - but it isn't now. This is one reason I specifically mentioned Article 350 in my original response.
    "Bob"

I agree and will say about all I ever see is type EF.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    I agree and will say about all I ever see is type EF.
    If it isn’t listed it can’t be LFMC. Listing is a requirement. Doesn’t mean it can’t be sold or used but it isn’t LFMC per Code.
    "Bob"

Quote Originally Posted by rbalex View Post
    If it isn’t listed it can’t be LFMC. Listing is a requirement. Doesn’t mean it can’t be sold or used but it isn’t LFMC per Code.
    The listing requirement is not part of the definition in 350.2. Type EF meets that definition.
    Don, Illinois

The listing requirement is not part of the definition in 350.2. Type EF meets that definition.
    No it’s just part of the Article requirements - you pointed that out yourself.
    "Bob"