400A Main turns off by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyrick

The mirror idea is a hell of a thought, simple. I will try that if I have to record again. So far, so good. No outages since Weds. the 6th. It is good, yet infuriating that it doesn't happen as I cannot identify the cause.

I will upload another video with the sequential "black screen" and provide a link to them.

What employee hasn't worked since Wednesday?
thinking-023.gif

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
The mirror idea is a hell of a thought, simple. I will try that if I have to record again. So far, so good. No outages since Weds. the 6th. It is good, yet infuriating that it doesn't happen as I cannot identify the cause.

I will upload another video with the sequential "black screen" and provide a link to them.

If someone is playing a prank putting the mirror up will present a nearly impossible barrier to overcome in order to not be part of the video when they pull the prank.

If the mirror / video combo prevents the breaker from shutting off, to me that means the prankster has been stymied by the mirror and thus, somewhat proves their existence.

sparkyrick

Last edited:

mgookin

RTL:

Can you describe the timeline and events between the two films?

I'm guessing you found the breaker off and the camera off?

Did you turn the camera back on?

How much time is missing from video if the two were stitched together?

Last edited:

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The footstep sounds are quite a bit before the recording stops, but I heard them too. Most likely the perp came upon the camera and stood there in the background staring at it for a while as they decided how to get around that. But in the VERY LAST SECOND before the recording ends, you can see the camera jerk, just a tiny bit. That's the perp touching the REC button to turn it off. The camera did NOT turn off when the breaker "changed state" (it was NOT a Trip), because even if the power were killed and there was NO battery in the camera, the voltage would have held up at least long enough to capture the breaker changing state, the caps in the camera's internal power supply would take a second to fully discharge and cause a shutdown. The breaker would have to turn off FIRST, then the camera AFTER, not the other way around.

You are being sabotaged, and as mentioned, either the perp was not on the schedule during the time that has just passed with no trips, or has wised up and knows he/she is about to get caught, so they stopped doing it. Get a lock and move on.

RTL:

Can you describe the timeline and events between the two films?

I'm guessing you found the breaker off and the camera off?

Did you turn the camera back on?

How much time is missing from video if the two were stitched together?

For these particular vids, we were outside maybe 20' or a little more from the building when we heard the breaker go down which is why it took us a bit to get back there. When we got there, the breaker was off, but the camera was still recording on battery.

Whatever time you saw us enter that room on the second clip (I think approx. 10-13 sec. into the film) is when we heard it go down.

I know the camera looks like it moved, but I keep thinking it was the zoom. Yes, there are footsteps in there as there are employees working.

I can completely agree that human intervention could have been a cause for most of what I caught on video, in fact some of these younger employees could have got with the program and said "lets keep screwing with the electricians", however, it still does not explain all the times it turned off while we had the store closed and emptied of employees/customers and have several electricians that can vouch for it turning off on its own.

I look at some of these vids, just before the power goes down and can't help but notice 2 things.

1. Someone could be moving it while trying to turn it off
or
2. The camera glitches (due to the distortion of the picture) and the zoom moves on its own as the camera physically does not turn left or right.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
As was mentioned before, install a second camera that shows the whole area including the first camera. The second camera should be hidden where only you know where it is and put there with only your knowledge. The problem as it is now is that everybody seems to know what's going on and the camera is in plain sight.

This is clearly being done by somebody. Because it happens when the store is closed means nothing. People have keys and codes to alarm systems which means that your hidden surveillance camera must be really well hidden and unknown because the purp has all the time in the world to figure it out.

-Hal

mgookin

I took a screen shot from each video and loaded them into autocad full scale.

I placed a vertical construction line in the middle of the emt at the left side of the panel and another construction line at the left side of the label which is on the inside of the door.

Both are the same distance apart. There is no zoom action going on. Somebody moved that camera.

Attachments

• 400A main.JPG
    400A main.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1

sparkyrick

I took a screen shot from each video and loaded them into autocad full scale.

I placed a vertical construction line in the middle of the emt at the left side of the panel and another construction line at the left side of the label which is on the inside of the door.

Both are the same distance apart. There is no zoom action going on. Somebody moved that camera.

Damn, where's the "Like" button
evilB.gif
I just did a few simple "print screen" grabs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.