Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Mounting a Plastic Single Gang With Screws INSIDE of box

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,331
    Man I'm so happy to be retired.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    33,743
    Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    By golly, there's actually a code for this! '17 changes inbold



    ~RJ~
    That has been there for a long time but they made a few changes to accept those special boxes.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    It was added in the 2002 code cycle I believe.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Jamaica and london
    Posts
    774
    What company makes that box please. Hard to find plastic boxes that take conduit instead of romex.
    Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    3 Hr 2 Min from Winged Horses
    Posts
    15,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjamma View Post
    What company makes that box please. Hard to find plastic boxes that take conduit instead of romex.
    Madison, called Smart Boxes

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Madison-...SB1G/203340257
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin


    Derek

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjamma View Post
    What company makes that box please. Hard to find plastic boxes that take conduit instead of romex.
    Carlon has many non metallic boxes intended to be used with ENT, and have standard KO sizes instead of cable entries, and of course there are many boxes that you cement PVC into or have smooth wall and you drill your own entries - those usually the pull box type and not device/fixture boxes.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    3 Hr 2 Min from Winged Horses
    Posts
    15,760
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Carlon has many non metallic boxes intended to be used with ENT, and have standard KO sizes instead of cable entries, and of course there are many boxes that you cement PVC into or have smooth wall and you drill your own entries - those usually the pull box type and not device/fixture boxes.
    I missed the threaded entry part of Adam’s post. The box shown was Arlington.



    https://www.gordonelectricsupply.com...gaAn5YEALw_wcB
    Last edited by jumper; 10-04-18 at 12:53 PM.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin


    Derek

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,252
    Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    I missed the threaded entry part of Adam’s post. The box shown was Carlton.
    I don't know that he was asking about threaded entry, though there are some of those out there also. Seem to find them at big box store more so than at electrical supply house.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Jamaica and london
    Posts
    774
    I am working mostly in concrete or block walls so am tired of replacing rusted boxes..lol... for my own home am looking for better.
    Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjamma View Post
    I am working mostly in concrete or block walls so am tired of replacing rusted boxes..lol... for my own home am looking for better.
    Sounds to me like moisture barrier and/or drainage on the outside of the wall is a bigger issue for you and can cause more serious problems than rusting device boxes.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •