User Tag List

Thread: Solar PV to be installed on a Hospital

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar PV to be installed on a Hospital

Hello All,

Just would like to get your opinion, aside from Article 690,700,701,702,705,450(might use transformer),480(might use battery) which article/code should I also consider when installing Rooftop Solar PV on a hospital. There is also an option that the client wants hybrid, but based on the Single Line Diagram, Emergency loads are at 100%, maybe they are saving on the cost on fuel? Anyway, If you could give me any reminders or things to consider then that will be highly appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and foremost, do not plan for solar PV to supply any portion of the emergency power needs unless it is via a short term PV charged battery and inverter system. Assume that any disaster that interrupts normal power will be at night, on a cloudy day, or otherwise disrupted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've designed several systems for hospitals and as long as it is not part of the emergency power system it's just like any other commercial PV system. I'm not sure there are any PV + storage systems that would comply with the emergency power requirements of 700 or 701.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    First and foremost, do not plan for solar PV to supply any portion of the emergency power needs unless it is via a short term PV charged battery and inverter system. Assume that any disaster that interrupts normal power will be at night, on a cloudy day, or otherwise disrupted.
    Noted on this, I'm also hesitant to do a load site tap. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HecThor View Post
    Noted on this, I'm also hesitant to do a load site tap. Thanks!
    As long as your interconnection is on the utility side of the transfer switch you should be OK with a load side tap.