Thread: Reviewing estimate

Reviewing estimate

When your reviewing estimate with staff what is your procedure/process? What are some of the talking points regardless of the type of job? How Do you approach the review? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    When your reviewing estimate with staff what is your procedure/process? What are some of the talking points regardless of the type of job? How Do you approach the review? Thanks

why would you review an estimate with your staff? is this pre-sale or post sale?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by petersonra View Post
    why would you review an estimate with your staff? is this pre-sale or post sale?
    Im talking about the estimator reviewing with owner or chief estimator...

Review of an estimate should be mandatory with your Chief Estimator, regardless of your competency level. Here is an abbreviated list of items you should review systematically prior it leaving your office:
    specs, plans, proposal, extension, labor (direct, incidental and indirect), labor factors and escalation, subs, gen expenses, equip, quoted material, and then other final items such as risk and price
    I should add: make a template to keep every facet of your process clear and enhance them from past feedback as time goes on. Do a plus/delta at the end of every meeting and incorporate next go round. Are you heading up the estimating department? Your Chief Estimator should already have this structured for you...

^^^this

Do you have enough money in this to do the job? Are we going to leave money on the table? Where are the Chik-Fil-A biscuits?

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!