User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Hall of shame candidate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Damascus, Maryland
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hall of shame candidate

    Found these, all on the same job a few weeks ago. This is what's passing for "electrical work" these days in some circles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something a DIY/handyman did, or something an inspector seen and let pass? Huge difference IMO.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Damascus, Maryland
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Something a DIY/handyman did, or something an inspector seen and let pass? Huge difference IMO.
    Guy claimed to be an electrician.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    38,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwnagy View Post
    Guy claimed to be an electrician.
    He turned the switch on and the light lit up....must be ok.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the guy on you tube did this.
    Tim
    Master Electrician
    New England
    Yesterday's Technology at Tomorrow's Prices

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Motor City, Michigan USA
    Posts
    906
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ubiquitous.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2572.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	21334

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Posts
    6,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwnagy View Post
    Found these, all on the same job a few weeks ago. This is what's passing for "electrical work" these days in some circles.
    it seems awfully close to the floor.
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwnagy View Post
    Guy claimed to be an electrician.
    Lots of people can claim to be electricians or just about anything else.

    I once went to a job where a guy claimed to be a handyman, electrician and so on. He had started doing a complete basement finish for a customer. As far as I could tell the guy didn't know how to do anything. I would guess his total experience was watching you tube and not paying close attention.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Posts
    10,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been talking,via phone, to my nephew about how to wire their new well house. He told me they decided to hire it done even though it cost plenty. It looked so much like the rest of the wiring on the place, I didn't say anything...about this anyway.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missouri well wiring.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	21335

    Now if you had seen how the temporary receptacles for the reception were wired. You would be very proud of it. Guaranteed they were not going to overload that circuit or trip a GFCI.
    I found it the next morning during cleanup detail. No Pictures. I just couldn't.
    Tom
    TBLO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    I would guess his total experience was watching you tube and not paying close attention.
    It may have been worse if he WAS paying close attention!
    Depending on the channel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •