Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Compliant or Not

There is a proposal to delete all peninsular & Island section and treat everything as countertop with a 36" rule or a 24" rule-- your choice... That's odd
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    My point was that if it was the dining room to the far right it could be on a small appliance branch circuit but not if the room were a living room.
    OK. I agree with you on that. I am unsure as to why they make the use of the dining area subject to Appliances.. mixer on table? Perhaps they should just require 20 amp circuit for dining, living and kitchen, and fifteen in bedrooms but suggest 20 for all home outlet circuits? I mean, many living rooms have so much between game system, tv, sound bars, amplifiers, etc, on circuit, would preferr to run 20 amps to it, myself...lol
    Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamjamma View Post
    OK. I agree with you on that. I am unsure as to why they make the use of the dining area subject to Appliances.. mixer on table? Perhaps they should just require 20 amp circuit for dining, living and kitchen, and fifteen in bedrooms but suggest 20 for all home outlet circuits? I mean, many living rooms have so much between game system, tv, sound bars, amplifiers, etc, on circuit, would preferr to run 20 amps to it, myself...lol
    TV and audio equipment are low level loads compared to a lot of what you find in the kitchen. Why the dining room, breakfast room, pantry, and such on the SABC? People likely aren't cooking in some of those areas, but consider a party atmosphere where you maybe have warming appliances to keep things at a desirable serving temperature. The rooms mentioned have been there for a very long time, possibly ever since SABC requirements were introduced.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Fredericksburg, VA 21 Hours from Winged Horses with traffic
    "In The Beginning" there were appliances, new to the public. Look at ads from the 10s and 20s. Waffle irons and toasters were on dining tables and buffets. Make your food right at the table and serve it hot. I even have a marshmallow cooker that was designed for dining table use! And there were table top cigar lighters, electric.

I have worked on older homes where there was a hole in the dining room floor to get power to the dining table.

So I guess the requirement for SABC in dining rooms is a hangover from these times.

Just found a marshmallow cooker like mine on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQgmfoQvzVs

Quote Originally Posted by macmikeman View Post
    The receptacle outlets are bigger than the chair. I'd like to purchase me some of those for times when the drywall guy cuts the box hole an extra inch around all sides , and they don't even bother to tape any of the opening they just made in the wall...... So please provide a link to that supplier.
    Hey, Joe (the guy who did this)said to stop picking on his drawing. He said they have someone starting soon who has the ability to produce quality drawings. I'll tell you that I stink at it and what Joe did is better than what I could do.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    I agree with both of your statements and from the 2017 NEC's perspective I find them equally as dumb.
    Count me in also.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Doesn’t the exception that allows that wall receptacle to serve the peninsula limit the length of the peninsula to 6’?

Derek

not in my copy of the 2017...
    Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamjamma View Post
    not in my copy of the 2017...
    It was in the original PI. Musta got removed in the comments.

Derek