Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HI_RISE ac compressors on roof 100 apts

Quote Originally Posted by Chamuit View Post
    I've seen a single large (maybe 6") penetration between 4 units. Both the low voltage and the line voltage stubbed through then sealed off. You go from 200 individual penetrations to 25. Try and get the AC contractor to orient the unit tie in corner to the stub.

Attachment 21353

MY biggest concern is how they are going to charge these units, its often bad enough when you have to do one unit, but clusters pointing every which way?
    I'm in over my head...

You can use a multisplit unit for each apartment.

http://www.daikin.com/products/ac/li...lit/index.html

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chamuit View Post
    I've seen a single large (maybe 6") penetration between 4 units. Both the low voltage and the line voltage stubbed through then sealed off. You go from 200 individual penetrations to 25. Try and get the AC contractor to orient the unit tie in corner to the stub.

Attachment 21353
    yes we have done that in the past for 16 units, i wanted to find out if someone done something with this many condensing units.

i will have to run power and low voltage separate since air handle is not same circuit as condensing units so i cant run my wires in same conduit

Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    I find that hard to believe. Building is 10 stories, that's nearly 100 feet right there. What are they going to do, drop the lines straight down through the apartments to the floors below?

-Hal
    yes they will have to put some goose necks on roof for us to get conduits out, same for refrigeration lines

I don't see why your low voltage cold not be grouped through the same penetration as the refrigerant lines.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk
    Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. But still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by adnj View Post
    You can use a multisplit unit for each apartment.

http://www.daikin.com/products/ac/lineup/split_multi_split/index.html

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk
    this is a great idea, but plans have been approved and ac contractors is going with this design

Quote Originally Posted by masterinbama View Post
    I don't see why your low voltage cold not be grouped through the same penetration as the refrigerant lines.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk
    i just did that in another project and my inspector was looking for fire stopping detail that we can share same penetration, weird but i found one that allows it free wire, but couldn't find the one with conduit. i had to put them separate

What idiot designed this? I assume they got their engineering degree from a Cracker Jack box.

Quote Originally Posted by peterd
    What idiot designed this? I assume they got their engineering degree from a Cracker Jack box.
    Quote Originally Posted by tico17 View Post
    ... plans have been approved and ac contractors is going with this design
    I can't believe any competent AC contractor would touch it.

-Hal