0 Thread(s)
    All fine & well, but...nothing beats being established w/reputation

it's all about how to get there....~RJ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerSystemsElectric View Post
    ..It's good to build out your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn profile. Yep...I said Pinterest. I'm not good with the social media thing, but clients will snoop around on you to find out all they can...
    Getting fake hate reviews from competitor trolls on Yelp, and Social Media is easier than building a repeat-client base of genuine customers.

Social Media is the bastion of Fake news, Fake accounts, and Competitor Trolls hating on your business with fake reviews.

SEO robo calls for Google optimization are unstoppable, no matter how fast you hang up. The only SEO's I give the time of day are clients of mine that happen to be in the SEO business.
    Roger Ramjet NoFixNoPay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerSystemsElectric View Post
    I would absolutely agree that newspaper ads and the Yellow Pages are good if you're trying to attract clients over 60 years of age. I personally would stay away from it. It was difficult to hear and understand customers over the phone. Even in person...the whole communication process was a job in itself.

The best investment in my business was having a high converting website. Not just a website, but a high converting website...so when 3,4, or 5 people come to my website, then they're converting into booked appointments. My website is converting at 20-40%+ day by day. That's why I lost so much money on paid ads before. Hundreds of people would come to my site, but it wouldn't convert anyone into sales. Now that my current website is working hard for me, then it amplifies just about any other marketing I do.

It's good to build out your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn profile. Yep...I said Pinterest. I'm not good with the social media thing, but clients will snoop around on you to find out all they can...especially when they have a < $1k project like a rewiring project....so the more you fill into those sites, the better. Oh...fill out your Yelp details. Add photos. That mixed with a killer website is Golden!!!

I'm investing in SEO to help me get ranked to the top of Google--awesome investment. I'm starting small again with Google Adwords, and gradually growing my campaigns as business has been building, and I retarget clients on other networks. All of this is run for me by a small marketing company. I get pissed at them when my phone rings. They keep making me work!

Ignore door hangers. That and fliers are a big waste of time and money. I would rather drop $100 on Google Adwords, because I know I'll get clients from it!

Good luck!!
    I had a website built 2 yrs ago for a small ransom of a fee.
    Did SEO for almost a year before firing that company.
    They could barely get me 1lead/mo.
    Hired next CEO company and they were as bad or worse.
    Pretty sure the only reason I ranked at all was because of all my 5star Google Reviews.
    Webmarketing has eclipsed YP and other paper directories, but I'm gun-shy and afraid of getting ripped off again.
    I sank over $25K into the site build and SEO. ROI=less than 15K over 2 yrs
    Any advice on a good SEO / add-words manager company?
    I have no interest in learning SEO more than the basic concepts I already know.
    Any advice would really help me out, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    I had a website built 2 yrs ago for a small ransom of a fee.
    Did SEO for almost a year before firing that company.
    They could barely get me 1lead/mo.
    Hired next CEO company and they were as bad or worse.
    Pretty sure the only reason I ranked at all was because of all my 5star Google Reviews.
    Webmarketing has eclipsed YP and other paper directories, but I'm gun-shy and afraid of getting ripped off again.
    I sank over $25K into the site build and SEO. ROI=less than 15K over 2 yrs
    Any advice on a good SEO / add-words manager company?
    I have no interest in learning SEO more than the basic concepts I already know.
    Any advice would really help me out, thanks.
    In my opinion, no companies offering paid SEO services can deliver what they promise beyond basic things you can do yourself. All of the most important, basic SEO adjustments you can make to your website are listed online on both Google and 3rd party websites for free. I assume you own the source code for your websites. If you are not capable of making code changes to your webpages, you can hire somebody very inexpensively to do it for you.

I should also mention that few of my clients tell me they called just because they saw my website. Some say they were referred to me and checked the website afterwards to make themselves a bit more comfortable before calling. Personal recommendations from other people is still where I get 80% of my business.