New service with old gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrobotronic

I inspected the new feed for this service today. It failed because the CT meter was not installed yet. The electrician explains to me that all he did was replace the old wire with new wire and the POCO supplied the CTs. As I was looking at this I became confused. Partly because of the age of the gear and partly because there were no drawings to go along with this installation.
So here are the particulars. 120/208VAC with two 600A mains being fed with three parallel 500s to the line side of the CTs. Then two parallel 250s to each of the 600A mains.
My question is about how the bonding is and the neutral bars. You can see the three neutrals go directly to the neutral bus on the cab on the right. Then two parallel 3/0 grounds back to the neutral bus on the cab on the left (where the feed comes in). I don't know that this installation is incorrect, but something in my gut is telling me something is wrong. And since I have to go back on Monday I wanted you all to take a look and let me know your thoughts. Thank you very much....

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Is there not space in main compartment to connect the neutral leads for both sub compartments?

Metering by POCO would not be inspected around here. That particular CT cabinet section maybe would be - IDK usually CT cabinet is separately supplied by POCO but this one is sort of incorporated into other gear, but the CT secondary circuit likely would not be inspected if done by the POCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.