Thread: Grounding at Meter Bank

Grounding at Meter Bank

I'm installing a remote 5 gang meter bank with 125A brk feeding each single phase 120/240 dwelling.
    No main switch in bank [not required] The Poco is installing a transformer 3 feet next to meter bank.

I'm required to install 2 Gr Rods outside of vault for Poco. Can I pick up the same two Gr Rods for meter bank or not sure if I need to drive rods for bank seeing that the neutral is grounded to the 2 rods at vault.

The feeder cables will be 4 wire and each dwelling has a Cee.

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by kec View Post
    I'm installing a remote 5 gang meter bank with 125A brk feeding each single phase 120/240 dwelling.
    No main switch in bank [not required] The Poco is installing a transformer 3 feet next to meter bank.

I'm required to install 2 Gr Rods outside of vault for Poco. Can I pick up the same two Gr Rods for meter bank or not sure if I need to drive rods for bank seeing that the neutral is grounded to the 2 rods at vault.

The feeder cables will be 4 wire and each dwelling has a Cee.
    I would be connecting the rods to the Grounded conductor at the Meter Bank. I've never driven rods for the POCO at their transformer. Things are different though.
    Tom
    TBLO

I agree with Tom, and will add being so close to the transformer, make sure your available fault current isn't too high.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.