Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Where to begin

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1707 View Post
    The guy says he has 19 years of experience in single phase, commercial work, three phase and transformers. This is not sufficient?

    It would depend on which state he is trying to get his master's license in. Some states require more than others.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    If your plan is to test for a license limited to single phase work, then have at it. Otherwise, I have to agree with tkb. You should instead be seeking a job where you can get more experience in the 3-phase work. My Florida unlimited license requires 12,000 hours of experience, 40% of which is 3-phase work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1707 View Post
    The guy says he has 19 years of experience in single phase, commercial work, three phase and transformers. This is not sufficient?
    I wasn't trying to be hard on him, but I am concerned that someone who has little three-phase experience (the way I read his post) would be getting licensed for three-phase work. That could be dangerous for both him and his clients.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •