Thread: One line software

One line software

I am looking for a template or software to design detailed one line diagrams for single and three phase PV installations.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Eros View Post
    I am looking for a template or software to design detailed one line diagrams for single and three phase PV installations.
    Thank you
    I use AutoCAD LT. By subscription it's not that expensive but it's pretty sophisticated software. There is a significant learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by ggunn View Post
    I use AutoCAD LT. By subscription it's not that expensive but it's pretty sophisticated software. There is a significant learning curve.
    Just to add - before I got AutoCAD I tried using Microsoft Vizio to make electrical drawings. It just about drove me crazy; it works, sort of, but it's the wrong tool for the job. I also tried SketchUp with same result. In both cases I was able to make them work, but it was painful and imprecise. AutoCAD is great, IMO, especially if you have a good library of templates and blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ggunn View Post
    Totally agree.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

There are some basic templates for residential and small commercial systems, 240V single phase based. Once you get into 3 phase systems there really is no "template" they are all too different and require customized solutions for each site.

If you are looking for software to design the diagrams for you get in line. People have been looking for that for years. HelioScope will give you a basic single line based on your input. It's not perfect but maybe at least something to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by pv_n00b View Post
    There are some basic templates for residential and small commercial systems, 240V single phase based. Once you get into 3 phase systems there really is no "template" they are all too different and require customized solutions for each site.

If you are looking for software to design the diagrams for you get in line. People have been looking for that for years. HelioScope will give you a basic single line based on your input. It's not perfect but maybe at least something to start with.
    Aurora goes a step further but it's certainly not doing it for you. Easypower, skm, and etap are good for modeling slds but not very applicable as for design software for solar.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk