User Tag List

Thread: Pulling Wire Labor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling Wire Labor

Example" NECA normal labor column calls for 54 hours per thousand for 1/C 750 kcmil THHN. I assume they came up with that unit based on pulling 3 or 4 wires at a time. If you have 1000' point to point and three 750's you a have( according to NECA units) 162 hours to make that pull. I know you never pull 1 or 2 large size wires but wouldn't the labor be about the same if you'd pull 1-2 or if you pull 3-4? They get pulled together ...but you would have double the labor depending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Example" NECA normal labor column calls for 54 hours per thousand for 1/C 750 kcmil THHN. I assume they came up with that unit based on pulling 3 or 4 wires at a time. If you have 1000' point to point and three 750's you a have( according to NECA units) 162 hours to make that pull. I know you never pull 1 or 2 large size wires but wouldn't the labor be about the same if you'd pull 1-2 or if you pull 3-4? They get pulled together ...but you would have double the labor depending.
    Setup/loading/handling multiple reels....think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    Setup/loading/handling multiple reels....think about it
    Multiple reels? How about one reel paralleled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Multiple reels? How about one reel paralleled?
    Good point...labor units don't include that. It's a fairly new technology and service from wire manufactures.
    However, I would still go with the units because, you pay a premium for the product.
    If you happen to quote the paralleled reels and put them in your bid, you could possibly discount the labor.
    I wouldn't personally....I would want that labor savings in my pocket