Communication via Text message

Status
Not open for further replies.

washingtonian

Just curious how much of the communication others have with their customers is being done via text? I have recently seen quite an increase of business communication being done by text, and have even gotten some people asking for proposals on small projects via text. I'm still kind of old school and feel like its more professional to talk to someone rather than text, but if it increases business then I'm all for it. What are your thoughts?

E16

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Texting is the way things seem to be going. If someone tells me I can text them the information, I am good with that and I will usually send it. But if I do not get a response I usually follow up with a call.

just the cowboy

Inactive, Email Never Verified
What the customer wants

What the customer wants

If the customer want to text you or get a text, go for it. Like John said it don't interrupt your day. BUT don't use it for short cuts, keep in touch unless the customer requests it

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Multiple parallel paths of communication. . . that's the Information Age.
1. In person.
2. On the phone.
3. Physical mail.
4. Fax.
5. Email.
6. Text.
7. Multimedia Short Message (text with low resolution image).
8. Emailed high resolution picture or video.
. . . .
9. And then we move into social networking . . .

I have customer's that are only interested in #1-3 that don't have computer or smartphone. And I have more customers that add #5-8. Faxing is becoming unusual, but, when it's used, it is generally for signatures on contracts, so I am not about to retire it.

#9 is the "room to grow" category, both for society and for me.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Unless I can answer a text with 2 or 3 words I call the person back. I still have the old flip phone :ashamed1:

Status
Not open for further replies.