2008 NJ CECs

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

A bit early I know...but why not?

One thread for all the 2008 NJ CEC classes...most of the "irregulars" here probably have multiple sources for this requirement...come crunch time, many of the newer members ask "Who, what, when, where?". Some of us "irregulars" might also want to see what else is available off of our radar?

celtic

Institute For Technical Advancement

Institute For Technical Advancement

[INSTITUTE FOR TECHNICAL ADVANCEMENT]
(908) 494-1353

Here are the flyer scans:

institutefortechnicaladvs6.jpg

institutefortechnicaladxk4.jpg

PDF of flyer available by request in PMs ONLY.
Please include:
  • NAME OF FLYER
  • EMAIL ADDRESS

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I have taken one of Ed Osoliniec's (ITA) classes. He's an excellent instructor but be prepared to sit there for every minute of the hour. One session he actually went past the required time to finish his agenda. Some guys were grumbling that he was too much college professor and not enough electrician. If you want to have a chance at really learning something I would suggest his courses. If you're simply looking to fill you CE credits there are easier ways to do it.

JES2727

Some brothers may not be aware that some locals offer all 34 hours at the union hall and it doesn't cost a dime. Check with the JATC at your local union to see if they do this.

celtic

infinity said:
I have taken one of Ed Osoliniec's (ITA) classes. He's an excellent instructor but be prepared to sit there for every minute of the hour. One session he actually went past the required time to finish his agenda. Some guys were grumbling that he was too much college professor and not enough electrician. If you want to have a chance at really learning something I would suggest his courses. If you're simply looking to fill you CE credits there are easier ways to do it.
Here's an article from Ed that was in the Nov. '06 EC&M:
[The Shocking Truth About Grounding Electrode Conductors]

mgmelec

i've been going to joe kempkers ceu classes for the past few code cycles. his classes are very reasonably priced and intresting, i cant find his site right now but his # is 732-349-3193

emahler

warshauer electric is also doing their classes again. dinner included.

or better yet...join your local association...bring in speakers and get your credits that way. Then you get your credits, meet your fellow contractors and help in the fight to keep this state from totally screwing us more than they already are.

John Arendt

CEU's

CEU's

Jersey Guys:
Please be aware that there are CEU's available thru a few Associations.
NJEIA does 1 hr at the monthly meetings, and the 10 hr (5/4/1) at various times. Also, multi hr at different times also. Cost is competitive (or less).

Further info; send me an e-mail (johnhlec1@aol.com) or (jarendt@edisonnj.org)

Celtic:
Nice mailing label!

John:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.