Friday Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Here's this week's collection of goodies:

Saw this service first part of the week and had to shoot quickly as the light changed to green:

DSC_1113a.jpg

Try reading that meter!​

New restaurant went in near my place. I don't think anyone owns a level:

DSC_1120a.jpg

DSC_1117a.jpg

And yes, that is the gas line (CSST) punched through the duct to feed the RTU! The electrical for the exfaust fan is fed through the duct as well. :cool:

Looked at installing a hot tub yesterday. This is their service:

DSC_1121a.jpg

You need to look hard that this one. The meter is above the two panels. It's an old 60a service and the meter socket is imbedded in the wall. You can't see the socket because it's behind the plaster, but the meter is visible through the lattice.

Directly behind the slotted bi-fold door on the left is the furnace. There's maybe 12-14" of clearance in front of this cluster.

Below the meter is the original Pushmatic panel.... it's recessed into the wall as well. It's overload already (6 tandems in a 10- or 12-space panel), then someone added another panel below it. To feed the lower panel, a hole was drilled in the bottom of the pushmatic panel cover. The back of the lower panel overlaps it. And someone was so proud of that, they left their invoice taped to their work!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
480sparky said:
And someone was so proud of that, they left their invoice taped to their work!
Maybe they were hoping to avoid anyone else ever seeing the work.

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
MF Dagger said:
It looks like one of the big walker things from star wars is coming around the building

Like this?

350px-Battlehothesb.JPG

480, is that Dallas County's AHJ that would be on vacation to miss this?:-?

Am I seeing it wrong, or did they fill in a garage bay to make the restaurant space?

Hope they took out the grease rack. :grin:

By the way, thanks for the pics!

monkey

480sparky said:

Saw this service first part of the week and had to shoot quickly as the light changed to green:

DSC_1113a.jpg

Try reading that meter!​

Yes, and as energy costs continue to skyrocket, you are going to see more and more people going "green".

e57

monkey said:
480sparky said:

DSC_1113a.jpg

Try reading that meter!​

Yes, and as energy costs continue to skyrocket, you are going to see more and more people going "green".
Pity the fool with the pole pruner who gets to remove it from the riser....

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Those people need to hire a landscaper. If that house were in my neighborhood they would be run out of town.:rolleyes:

480sparky

grich said:
...480, is that Dallas County's AHJ that would be on vacation to miss this?:-?

Am I seeing it wrong, or did they fill in a garage bay to make the restaurant space?

Hope they took out the grease rack. :grin:

By the way, thanks for the pics!

Dallas County has an AHJ????? When did that happen????
RTU is in Polk Co., though. Grimes, to be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.