Electrical Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBFD6

I don't know about other electrical forums, but I frequent some Firefighter/EMT forums and can say that this forum is much more professionally run. On the other forums there is a lot of member bashing and general immaturity. There are personal attacks when people disagree, rather than civil discussions.

This forum is excellent IMO!

The members are (for the most part) knowledgeable and helpful.

You might not always hear what you want, but the opinions are honest and thought provoking.

The moderators do a great job in keeping the peace and making sure things remain civil.

I enjoy this site so much that I have no desire to go to another electrical forum.

From my experiences here, if you can't get an answer from someone on this site, you probably won't be able to get one anywhere.

Nobody here knows everything, but the membership is so diverse that you will most likely find someone who knows the answer to every question.

My 2 cents! :grin:

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
IMO The advantage of moderated forums like this one, is filtering unapproved solicitations, off-topic noise, and peer review in more talented circles.

The dis-advantage is private owners rarely pay to moderate speech on their forums, but ask for member volunteers. Since the free-exchange of ideas on private property can be deleted, moderators are constantly flamed. And, owners must permit some form enjoyment or special latitude to retain volunteers for little reward.

brian john

mdshunk said:
There's lots of them, and they each seem to have their niche. This one's best for code.

BINGO...

1. More members therefore more post.
2. Wider knowledge base.
3. Tightly moderated which can be frustrating but also KEEPS THE SITE CLEAN of spam, nasty member arguments, and issues that lead to arguments .
4. Interesting post.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Another nice thing about this forum is the lack of advertising. I despise surfing through a sea of ads. Hopefully we'll never see that here. :cool:

iwire

Staff member
brian john said:
3. Tightly moderated which can be frustrating

I agree it can be frustrating. :grin:

infinity said:
Another nice thing about this forum is the lack of advertising. I despise surfing through a sea of ads.

Rob I could not agree more, we are inundated with advertising all day long everywhere we turn. I think it is great that there are no ads here. :cool:

charlie

ramsy said:
. . . Since the free-exchange of ideas on private property can be deleted, moderators are constantly flamed. And, owners must permit some form enjoyment or special latitude to retain volunteers for little reward.
I don't think we are constantly flamed. I don't know what 'form of enjoyment or special latitude' we get for doing this. Personally, I enjoy participating in the forum, putting into the mix an electric utility's perspective, and a bit of give and take. Although, I have always hated the taste of crow that I have had to endure from time to time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.