Looking for NEC material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie Instructor

Hey guys. I am a new instructor. I just started for a outfit called IEC. I teach one night a week. I am currently a electrican as well, but found an opening to be a nightly instructor. Anyways, I will be teaching 4th year students. Mostly just on the NEC. I have not talked with the teaching company on buying material yet, but I just wanted to know if anyone is aware of places that I could find good material, manuals, quizzes, exams, or any others that help students understand and navigate the NEC better. Free would be great for now. But in the future I will request for moneies from the school.

Thanks

Bob

Poolside

I recommend a NEC handbook, and using the Mike Holt Understanding the NEC book and the PowerPoint slides that go with it.

I want my students to read the style and verbiage used in the NEC and to become familiar with it. Then we refer to the same sections in the M.H. materials to clarify and explain the code sections.

Good luck.

- Greg

sandsnow

Use you own experience. You give the students a huge advantage learning this from a real electrician. Take real life scenarios and apply the code. Take pix of some installations with problems. Existing stuff is usually great for that.

raider1

Staff member
Are you using the IEC curriculum?

The IEC has test banks that go with their curriculum so i would inquire with them about a test bank.

I am also a 4th year apprentice instructor and use the IEC curriculum. I really like both Mike Holt's journeymans prep book and his understanding the NEC book.

I would recommend registering here at Mike's website as an instructor and see if you qualify for any free instructors material.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.