25000 square ft home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrannis

I relocated a service on a 15,000sf and it was 600 amps 120/240. The new feeder was parallel 500 Al.
I made sure to put all of the three phase equipment seperate from the power and lighting panels.
I dont remember the size of the generator but it had a 400 amp breaker that handled the whole house
I suspect that you will have a CT can, a line gutter, 3 phase 600 amp equipment panel, and a single phase 600 or 800 amp distribution panel.
If you can get 120/208 things will be slightly different

SeanKelly

I did one on Marco Island that was 21000 sq/ft and we did a 1000 amp service with a distribution panel. Anything over 400 amps in Collier County had to be engineered. Good luck

jrannis

After you get your kitchen, equipment and AC loads calculated there isnt much more to a house than 3 watts per square foot plus AC load.
Extra 10,000 square feet is only going to add 125amps of lighting and 10 tons of airconditioning load. Two 5 ton units with 10k heat 250 amps plus the lighting load
375 amps. That is a bit of a load I guess:roll:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
cowboyjwc said:
We did a house for Karem Abdul Jabar and he had a 1600 amp stand up section. I don't remember the size of the house though.
I bet it had tall ceilings.

(Kareem)

cowboyjwc

Staff member
LarryFine said:
I bet it had tall ceilings.

(Kareem)

I had to jump to reach the top of the door and I don't know where they got it, but if I sat on the toilet my feet wouldn't touch the ground. And the bathroom counters came up to my chest.:grin:

He was hard to talk to, I would get a stiff neck.:grin:

charlie

jmsbrush said:
He will have to get a engineered drawing!
If the load is high enough, the serving electric utility will not give you a 1? service, you will be required to take 3?. Also, if 3? is not in the area, you may have to pay for the cost of installing the primary line. We will only permit 170 kW demand on 1? before requiring 3?. If the cost versus revenue is not covered inside a projected 30 month window, the customer is billed the difference before construction of the lines will begin.

I have said all that to say, contact the serving electric utility before going too far! :smile:

jnsane84

I would say she needs a small power generating station built in that basement or maybe she needs a plutonium powered nitro-flux capacitor with a Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator backup. Thats just my uneducated guess though.:D

cowboyjwc

Staff member
jnsane84 said:
I would say she needs a small power generating station built in that basement or maybe she needs a plutonium powered nitro-flux capacitor with a Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator backup. Thats just my uneducated guess though.:D

comon' now you're just being silly. Everyone knows you just need a lithium cyrstal to run it.

electricalperson

another note your general lighting load in itself is 75kva thats about 312 amps in itself. you need to add your small appliance loads, laundry loads, dryer loads, heating and/or ac loads, range loads if its electric. thats just the bare minimum. your service will be pretty large. most likely well over 400 amps. article 220 will help you do it. its been a while since i done a load calculation for a house so im a little rusty

edit. general lighting load a little high

25000 x 3 = 75000
first 3000 va = 100% = 3000va
next 117,000 va @ 35% = 72000 x .35 = 25200

25200 + 3000 = 28200/240 = 117.5amps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.