• move the stove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • everything stay were it is

Votes: 25 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGELY

Had a contractor get turned down for an inspection . Reason because a remodle was done to a basement and the stove was placed to close to the sink . The stove is 29" away from the stove and the stove is electric .Please advise

raider1

Staff member
Reason because a remodle was done to a basement and the stove was placed to close to the sink . The stove is 29" away from the stove and the stove is electric .

I would love to see the code section that was cited, as to this being a violation.

Chris

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Well, I bet the inspector would have a real problem with this then
110.jpg

Roger

celtic

Your inspector is going to have a little better than " Because I said so and I am the .... " sort of mentality.

Let him know in uncertain terms that you:
- DEMAND he cite a relevant article
- WILL go over his head to both the cheif inspector and state board
- PUSUE this until the end of time until it is resolved PROPERLY

You don't have be aggressive or threatening, but you must be firm.

"Demand" is actually a legal term here:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, swiss]1) v. to claim as a need, requirement or entitlement, as in to demand payment or performance under a contract. In a lawsuit for payment of a debt or performance of an act, the party suing (plaintiff) should allege that he/she/it demanded payment or performance.
2) n. a claim, such as an unqualified request for payment or other action.
3) the amount requested by a plaintiff (usually in writing) during negotiations to settle a lawsuit.
4) adj. referring to a note payable at any time a request to pay is made
[/FONT]
( http://dictionary.law.com/default2.asp?selected=482&bold=||||)
[FONT=arial, helvetica, swiss] [/FONT]

iwire

Staff member
roger said:
Well, I bet the inspector would have a real problem with this then
110.jpg

Roger

LOL

No problem, I have sawzall, I will get that dangerous stove away from the sink.

I wounder how this guy feels about dishwashers.

He might have a heart attack if he saw this.

BMDSS100.jpg

For those that don't know, that is a drinking glass washer and sits in a sink partially submerged.

celtic

al hildenbrand said:
:grin:
LOL
:D
Thanks. . .I take your point as correct. And I enjoyed the laugh.
...and hopefully the inspector will too :)

That's some of my "Irish Diplomacy" ...more to follow as we approach the 17th
4.8.004000.Happy+St.+Patrick%5C%27s+Day%0D%0AFrom%0D%0ACeltic.png

Jim W in Tampa

Sometimes i get scared of the quality of inspectors.They are ready to tag on basis of they dont like something.They need to be removed fast as they cost contractors time,money and reputation.Often the EC gives in because he cant affort to tie the job up and upset the builder.

mpd

jim w

same goes for contractors, I wish I could get rid of the bad ones FAST! they cost me alot time, pens, gas and red stickers

ceknight

RIDGELY said:
Had a contractor get turned down for an inspection . Reason because a remodle was done to a basement and the stove was placed to close to the sink . The stove is 29" away from the stove.....

29" is plenty of room to safely store a case of beer or your average pizza box. I don't see the problem.

Bea

mpd said:
jim w

same goes for contractors, I wish I could get rid of the bad ones FAST! they cost me alot time, pens, gas and red stickers

I guess its what side of the coin your on

dcooper

why is this your problem

why is this your problem

Do you work for the home owner or the contractor? Are there drawings or is it as built? I would tell the person whose paying me, This is a design problem. I would speak to the inspector and ask for article in writting but YOU dont' have a problem.
In any case you didn't tell them where to put the sink or the stove.
That My friend is one of my favorite phrases 'That's going to be EXTRA! To move the stove outlet'

Status
Not open for further replies.